We have pages on social media sites like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details or user name. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER DATA
Authorization to Collect Information
You understand and agree that Studs and its authorized business partners, affiliates, subsidiaries or agents (collectively, “Studs”, “us” or “we”) may collect, maintain, and process information provided by you, on and through the Services. You represent and warrant that you have permission to share any information you elect to provide Studs, including any financial information we may require in order to facilitate a purchase, you consent to such information being shared with third parties as described in this Policy and our Terms of Service, and that such information is accurate, current, non-misleading, and consistent and relevant for the purpose for which you are providing information.
In order to use the Services, users may be required to have a valid Studs account to log in to the Site (an “Account”). When you create an Account, Studs collects your name and email address, and may collect other information upon checkout (“Account Information”). When you create an Account online or in store, or sign a Terms and Consent to Piercing, Studs will also have access to information about your use of the Site and our Services, including what piercing services you have completed, purchases you have made, geo-location data and other information available that is combined with your Account Information. Once you create an Account with us and sign in to our Site, or complete a Terms and Consent to Piercing, you are not anonymous to us.
Studs collects Personal Information in the following general ways:
- Studs collects Personal Information you knowingly choose to submit to us through the Site or when you consent to receive Services, such as your name and email address
- Studs collects Personal Information you knowingly choose to submit to us through surveys, questionnaires, or quizzes we provide in conjunction with the Services
- When you access or use the Services, Studs may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request. IP addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored by Studs when you register with Studs.
Generally, Studs uses the Account Information (including Personal Information) to deliver the Services to you, to improve the delivery of our Services and related products and services, to conduct our business, to develop analytics and aggregate data that allows us to improve the Services and related products and services we offer to you, or to correspond with you.
Specifically, Studs uses Personal Information to:
- Create the Account and provide access to the Services
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Services
- Send technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- Provide and deliver the Services and features you request, process and complete transactions and product purchases, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about us and our select partners , provided that you have consented to receiving such communications;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Services;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties such as our Social Media Pages, to help understand your needs and provide you with a better experience; and
- For other purposes about which we will notify you about and seek your consent.
Information We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Site
When you visit, use and interact with the Site, or complete the Terms and Consent to Piercing, we may receive certain information about your visit, use or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit our Site, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited on our Site, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access and visit our Site (e.g., Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and Site-navigation pattern.
In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
Do Not Track Signals
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site. Most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org and follow the opt-out instructions there.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Your Consent to Share
By providing any Personal Information to us, you fully understand and consent to the transfer of such Personal Information and the collection and processing of such Personal Information to our partners and affiliates, credit card processing vendors, or other third parties as described in the Terms of Service. We may share aggregated data to conduct our business, improve the delivery of our Services, to develop analytics, and to enable us and our partners to improve and promote our products and services.
We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone without your express consent.
Marketing and Promotions
We may send you emails or texts with promotional communications, but we will reasonably seek your consent before doing so. If you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you offers, coupons, and information about new products available in store or on our Site. Prior to sending you promotional text messages, we will reasonably seek your additional consent in the form of a text message requesting that you expressly consent to receiving promotional text messages. You may opt out of promotional text messages by replying “STOP” to such communications. You may opt out of promotional email messages by following the instructions contained in each email we send you. You can also control the promotional communications you receive by updating your settings through your Account. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive promotional communications, please contact us at email@example.com. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists we may continue to contact you regarding our Site and Services and to respond to your requests. Please also see the Terms of Service for more information about Electronic Communications.
Service Providers and Business Partners
We may from time to time employ third parties and/or third party software solutions to perform tasks on our behalf (such as send you notifications and/or offers) and we may need to share Account Information and other Personal Information with them to provide certain services. Unless we tell you differently, such third parties do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary for them to provide the tasks and services on our behalf. The third parties we currently engage includes third party companies and individuals employed by us to facilitate our services, including email marketing companies and text marketing companies.
If our business (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired by a third party, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information may be made available or otherwise transferred to the new controlling entity, where permitted under applicable law.
With Your Consent
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other end users, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. Further, we may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- enforce our contracts or user agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof; and
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
We may disclose Personal Information if we believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, or to enforce those Terms of Service. The above may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
Our Service is available to children under the age of 13 (“Minors”). However, we do not collect Personal Information from Minors. We will collect the Personal Information of the legal guardian of a Minor in order to obtain the legal guardian’s consent to our provision of piercing services to a Minor.
ACCESS, CORRECTION AND ACCURACY
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 (“Shine the Light Law”) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request the categories of Personal Data we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the year preceding the request, the names and addresses of such third parties, and, in certain circumstances, examples of the products or services marketed by such third parties. These requests may be made once per year. To make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 55 West 25th Street, Apt. 28C NY, NY 10010.
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information, although in certain limited circumstances, and as permitted under law, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will use best efforts to handle all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible services.
To “opt-out” of (1) any consents previously given to us, (2) receiving communications from us, or (3) having Personal Information disclosed to third parties, send an e-mail to email@example.com. However, we retain the right to collect, maintain and process information provided by and collected about you on and through the Services, and disclose such information to comply with our reasonable business and legal obligations.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Please also visit our applicable Terms of Service, which establish the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our Services.
Last Updated: March 1, 2020